How We Help
The majority of the homelessness, mental illness, and incarceration in our communities is caused by unresolved trauma that is often a result of child maltreatment. The good news is abused and neglected children can heal from their trauma, but they need specialized parenting and treatment. Unfortunately, the help available to adoptive families is expensive and difficult to find.
Stand Up Eight is the first program of its kind that walks alongside families in their homes after an adoption is finalized. In addition, Stand Up Eight is committed to decrease the number of waiting children because with the right support, people may be more likely to commit to the adoption journey.
The Services We Provide
- Home visits every other week to guide & monitor progress
- Comprehensive strengths & needs assessments
- Individualized behavior intervention plans specific to each family's needs
- Support from staff between scheduled home visits
- Connections to other service providers for additional resources